Number of Years In Fire Protection: 25
1996 – 2000 Apprentice Allied Fire Protection, Oakland CA.
2000 – 2005 Journeyman McKinstry, Anderson MaGruder, Reliance Fire, Emerald Fire, Fire Systems West.
2005 – 2010 Foreman Viking Fire, Anderson MaGruder,
2010 – Present Foreman and Superintendent Northwest Fire Systems
- N.I.C.E.T Certified Level II
- AS-1: Seattle certification for the installation, maintenance and confidence testing of water-based fire sprinkler systems in any building.
- FP-1: Seattle certification for the acceptance testing, confidence testing of fire pumps and controllers.
- NITC-UA: Star Mastery sprinkler fitting and inspection/testing certification for US and Canada.
- STP-1: Seattle certification for the installation, maintenance and confidence testing of class I, II, and III standpipe systems.
- Local 483 Apprenticeship school, San Francisco, CA.
- Washington State Backflow Assembly Tester Certification.
- WA State Fitter Card/Certification
Ben’s knowledge base coupled with his years of experience gives added value in balancing the relationship between Northwest Fire Systems and our customers. He is responsible for the supervision of all field employees to ensure every job runs smoothly, on time, and are of high quality. He also determines the workforce for size and competence to make sure the right people are in the right places. He works closely with the sales force, the coordinators, building owners, and designers to insure the best on time delivery of service to our customers. He also works closely with the local fire inspectors and fire marshals to insure the jobs are completed per code.