Make Sure Your Fire Protection System In The Greater Puget Sound Area Is Ready To Go
Inspection, testing and maintenance of your fire protection systems is crucial to their function and aids in preventing loss of life and property damage during a fire. Northwest Fire Systems can provide your commercial property with all inspection, testing and maintenance services as we are qualified and licensed and know which regulations apply to your systems.
Regular Inspections & Testing Ensure You Remain Protected
We provide inspections, testing and maintenance on:
Fire protection systems should be inspected annually or when additions are made to your building or when your plumbing is altered. The new layout or floor plan of your space may influence the fire protection needs and demands of your system as well.
Trust Northwest Fire Systems To Keep Your System Prepared
Inspection, testing and maintenance must be completed annually to ensure compliance with national and local laws and regulations to make sure that systems are working properly and can save lives when they need to. This ensures that all your fire safety systems are working properly, while also prolonging their working life.
We will find and repair any broken components or components that are degrading from normal wear and tear, guaranteeing that you won’t be surprised during an emergency by problems that could have been preventable.
Fire alarm systems should be checked regularly to ensure their proper functioning and compliance with safety regulations. The frequency of inspections and tests may vary depending on local codes and requirements. However, common recommendations suggest the following:
- Weekly: Conduct a visual inspection of fire alarm control panel indicators to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Monthly: Test manual fire alarm pull stations and audible/visual notification devices (alarms, strobes).
- Semi-annually: Test smoke detectors, heat detectors, and other automatic detection devices.
- Annually: Perform a comprehensive inspection and testing of the entire fire alarm system, including system sensitivity and functionality.
It's important to consult local regulations and seek guidance from qualified professionals to determine the specific requirements for your fire alarm system.
Fire extinguishers should be inspected regularly to ensure their readiness and compliance with safety standards. The frequency of inspections may vary depending on local regulations and guidelines. However, common recommendations suggest the following:
- Monthly: Perform a quick visual inspection to check for any signs of damage or tampering.
- Annually: Conduct a thorough inspection and maintenance by a certified professional to ensure the extinguisher is in proper working condition and has the correct pressure and adequate charge.
It's important to consult local regulations and seek guidance from qualified professionals to determine the specific inspection requirements for fire extinguishers in your area.