Number of Years In Fire Protection: 45
1976–Present, Clark completed a 5 year apprenticeship program through local Alaska Union 669 with Grinnell Fire Protection and Automatic Fire. This apprenticeship involved working in and around the oil, lumber, fishing, tourism, and military construction in Alaska. He also has experience in the installation and maintenance of fire alarm panels, card access and security systems.
In 1994, Clark moved to Washington State and continued working for Grinnell Fire Protection which became SimplexGrinnell in January 2000. Starting as a sales representative in 1996 and having received multiple President Award’s, Clark became the Total Service Manager in June of 2001 – 2005. He participated in the Tyco Six Sigma program and completed Black Belt training in January 2006.
In 2006, Clark took over as VP of NW operations for COSCO Fire Protection in Seattle, which involved P&L and operational responsibilities for three NW branches: Portland, Seattle, and Anchorage.
Northwest Fire Systems, LLC, was started in January of 2008.
- 1976 – 1981 Penn State University correspondence courses, work study for Fire Protection.
- 1976 – 1981 Apprenticeship program with local union 669
- 1999 – 2000 Cornell University: Management Development Studies
- 2000 NSFA Professional Development Program for Project Management
- 2004 Green Belt Training and certification
- 2005 – 2006 Six Sigma Black Belt